GuppyFriend Washing Bag
When washing synthetic garments, tiny plastic fibers are released into the environment. The GuppyFriend Washing Bag protects garments and reduces shedding while filtering out and collecting the fibers that do break, preventing them from entering nature. Simply place any garments in there and wash them away.
How to use:
- Put synthetic textiles into the washing bag, fill to about 2/3 full.
- Close the washing bag and put it in the washing machine.
- Add other, non-synthetic textiles or a second washing bag, and wash as usual
- After wash, take the textiles out of the bag while still wet
- Remove the collected fibers from the inside of the bag by hand and dispose properly
- Rinsing under running water - so that the collected microplastic fibres are not washed into the environment
- Washing sharp-edged objects - to avoid damaging the material
- Ironing - this can also damage the material (the crumpled surface is not a problem)
- Use in the tumble dryer - broken fibres can get out of the bag
- Hang/dry in direct sunlight - to avoid damaging the material
Size & Fit
Not sure what size to order? Take a look at our size guide
Material & Care Instructions
Huge bag- amazing concept/ so thrilled to find a product that captures the microfibres of clothing and household items. Yeah! I cannot recommend enough!